Tech Express: Applications Open for PAID Social Entrepreneurship Program
Looking For a Job?
Interested in technology?
Self-Motivated, curious, & eager to learn?
In high school, a college student, a recent graduate, or a young person age 14+?
Want to build your resume for college applications and/or your career?
***Seeking Applications*** for participants to join the team at Tech Express! Grow the business and learn to troubleshoot and repair technology.
We will accept applications until we are able to fill all positions; please complete your application as soon as possible. Complete this application online. Come by the Hub if you would like support with the application, if you have questions, or if you want to fill it out using one of our computers here.
The Hub is still at its current location beneath Hill & Holler, and we are open 3-7pm on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. You can also contact us by email (email@example.com) and phone (304-647-4994).
Please note that Tech Express will be one of two businesses at the Hub this year. If you are interested in applying to work with the community café — in addition to or instead of applying to work with Tech Express — you can find that application at bit.ly/hub_communitycafeapp. (If you aren’t sure which position would be a better fit for you, come talk it through with us!)
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
The Hub, a High Rocks community center in Greenbrier County, is in transition: we are moving to a beautiful new space at Lee Street Studios, and we have some new adult staff members! In addition to a community space, study support resources, and a café with free snack/dinner for K-12 students, the Hub will be home to a tech repair business. We need young people who are eager to build a sustainable business, think creatively about the role of a tech support center in Greenbrier County, and learn how to repair technology.
Tech Express employees will invest their time, energy, and skills into growing and sustaining this community-conscious business.
– You will be paid for the time that you put into the project.
– You will be invited to a 3 week training/evaluation program and will be hired upon successful completion of this program.
– You can expect to learn about entrepreneurship, small businesses, and tech support/repair.
– You can expect to develop skills through trainings and in practice, including leadership, collaboration, networking, planning, and accounting, as well as repairing, understanding, and working with technology (hardware and software).
– You can expect to gain leadership and work experience to add to your resume for job, college, or graduate school applications.
We are looking for young people who are…
– Age 14 & up
– Willing and able to put time and energy into learning and building the business
– Willing and able to collaborate as part of a team
– Willing and able to take ownership of this project, with support from your team members and adult mentors
– Responsible, motivated, curious, and self-learners
Preference may be given if you have…
– Experience supporting, repairing, and troubleshooting technology
– Customer service experience
– Business, accounting, or financial management experience
– Social media/marketing experience