Community Café: Applications Open for PAID Social Entrepreneurship Program
Looking for a job?
Care about your community?
Want to learn and earn $$ at the same time?
Want to build your resume for college applications and/or your career?
Intrigued by concepts like social entrepreneurship, economic equity, and sustainable development? (Or, don’t know what those are, but might want to learn?)
In high school, a college student, a recent graduate, or a young person age 14-25?
***Seeking Applications*** for participants in a PAID social entrepreneurship program — become a Barista/Business Advisor for the Community Café @ the Hub!
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled, but we encourage those interested to apply ASAP. To be considered for leadership positions, please complete this application by October 30th (or talk to us about getting an extension). Link to application is at the bottom of this post.
EDIT: Option to start research, orientation, and program development as early as Wednesday, Oct 24th — get your app in!
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
The Hub is in transition: we are moving to a beautiful new space at Lee Street Studios, and we have some new adult staff members! A central part of the Hub will be the Café, which will include a community space, free snack/dinner for K-12 students, and food for purchase. We need young people who are eager to build a sustainable business, think creatively about the role of a community center in Greenbrier County, and make yummy food.
Barista/Business Advisors will invest their time, energy, and skills into growing and sustaining this community-conscious business.
- You will be paid for the time that you put into the project. Stipends start at $8.75/hr.
- You can expect to learn about entrepreneurship, small businesses, food systems, and economic justice.
- You can expect to develop skills through trainings and in practice, including leadership, collaboration, networking, planning, accounting, and food preparation.
- A team of 2-3 initial barista/business advisors will develop the program, with support from High Rocks staff and community partners. They will be expected to take on management, leadership, and training roles as more people join the team.
We are looking for young people who are…
- Age 14-25
- Enthusiastic; willing and able to put time and energy into the business
- Willing and able to collaborate as part of a team
- Willing and able to take ownership of this project, with support from your team members and High Rocks staff
Preference may be given if you have…
- Food prep experience
- Customer service experience
- Business, accounting, or financial management experience
- Social media/marketing experience
- Leadership experience
- Availability to participate in the program for multiple years
- A desire for a world in which all people & communities can meet their needs
If you have any questions, you can contact us…
- by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- by phone (304-647-4994), or
- at the Hub’s current location (beneath Hill & Holler) on Wednesdays, Thursdays, or Fridays 3pm-7pm.
APPLICATION HERE: bit.ly/hub_communitycafeapp
Complete this application online, and come by the Hub if you would like support with the application, if you have questions, or if you want to fill it out using one of our computers here. The Hub is still at its location beneath Hill & Holler, and we are open 3-7pm on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.